This calculator estimates the carbon benefits (in the form of greenhouse gas emissions reductions) of recycling commercial quantities of end-of-life wood pallets and packaging instead of disposing of them in landfill. The recycling options included are repair and reuse, recycling into animal bedding, landscape mulch or new particleboard and use to generate renewable energy.
For details of the factors and assumptions used in this calculator see the
Recovered Wood Pallet and Packaging Carbon Calculator - Assumptions Report 2012
How to Use
- Enter your company name and the period you want to calculate in the boxes above.
- Select from the dropdown list whether you have information on the weight of wood pallets/packaging or quantities of wood pallets.
- Enter the quantities or weights of your wood packaging and/or pallets recycled for the various end uses.
- The results will be automatically calculated.
- Scroll down the page to see detailed charts of where greenhouse gases are emitted or avoided.
- Click on the Print Report button to print a report of the results.
- Click on the Print Certificate button to print which includes a one page certificate summary of results.